Saturday, January 24, 2009

Weekend Dining

Last night was an interesting mish-mash of food but it was actually quite yummy.

We received a huge box of stuff from Hickory Farms so I sliced up some Beef Summer Sausage, Parmesan Herb Cheese (The best, yummiest cheese EVER) and served that with some crackers. I also made 4 ears of corn on the cob.

We had quite a bit of sausage and cheese leftover so I packed it up for hubby to take to work today in his cooler.

The only cost to us was the corn and crackers.

Corn~$2.24
Crackers~maybe 50¢ at the most

$2.74


Tonight I'm making my version of mexican pizza. I take one of those small cheap- boxes of corn muffin mix. I make it according to the instructions on the box but I spread the batter out real thin on a pizza pan It turns out to be a cheap way to make a thin-cust pizza.

Then I spread a can of refried beans over the cook crust, add some taco meat, top with sliced olives, and cheese and bake. Its actually quite yummy!

Crust~50¢
Refried Beans~79¢
Half lb. hamburger ~70¢
Cheese and Olives~$1 total (????)
Sour Cream and Sauce served on the side maybe another 75¢???

$3.74 total and we will def. get leftovers for tomorrows lunch out of it

No comments: